Polenta bianca con scampi (white polenta with langoustines) -Veneto
This dish is healthy, quick and easy and gluten-free. More importantly it is delicious. The slightly sweet succulent langoustine or crayfish are flavoured with slight taste of garlic, wine and olive oil and served in a pool of satisfyingly creamy white polenta.
Author: Woo Wei-Duan
Recipe type: First Course (Primo)
- 450 grams shelled langoustine, Norway lobster, Dublin bay prawns or crayfish (in brine is fine) or tiny shrimp
- 1garlicclove, peeled and bruised
- 45 mls extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 125 mls white wine, dry
- 10 grams flat-leafparsley, rinsed, dried, leaves removed and finely chopped (optional)
- 300 grams white polenta, cooked (see method here)
- 1.5 liters water
- Sea salt
- In a saute pan, fry the garlic in the olive oil until coloured.
- Remove the garlic and discard. Add the crayfish and the wine and cook for about 4 minutes. Add salt to taste. Toss with the parsley, if using.
- Pour the polenta onto a plate and top with the crayfish. Drizzle the olive oil over top.
- Serve immediately.