Asparagi alla griglia (grilled asparagus)
This is my favourite way to cook asparagus. If the weather outside is too cold or rainy to barbecue, use a grill pan. It can also be turned into a starter by serving it on bruschetta, see here.
Author: Woo Wei-Duan
Recipe type: Contorno (Side dish)
- 450 grams asparagus, rinsed, woody ends snapped off and stalks peeled
- 20 mls extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Peel the stalks of the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus in the lemon zest, olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes, turning every minute.
- Toss the asparagus in the lemon juice and serve.