Linguine all'astice (lobster spaghetti)
Here is an all time favourite pasta dish that everyone can agree on: lobster spaghetti. Some like it without tomato, some with. We are in the "with" camp.
Author: Woo Wei-Duan
Recipe type: First Course (Primo)
- 20 mls extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallotsor 1 medium onion, skin and ends removed and finely chopped
- 2 lobsters, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise (see method here)
- 180 mls white wine
- 650 mls tomato passata
- 350 grams linguineor spaghetti
- 10 grams flat leaf parsley, rinsed, dried, leaves removed and finely chopped
- In a large saute pan, fry the olive oil and shallots over medium heat until the shallots are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the lobsters and the white wine and cook until the wine has reduced by two-thirds, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato passata and salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 12 minutes. During this time add the pasta to the boiling water for the time indicated on the packaging (i.e. if the linguine takes 9 minutes, 3 minutes after adding the passata, add the pasta to the water).
- Add the parsley and the pasta to the tomato sauce and mix together.
- Divide amongst 4 pasta bowls and serve.