Pizza alla Nutella (Nutella pizza)
This is the best way to use up any excess pizza dough. Melted, gooey Nutella on freshly baked bread topped with crunchy hazelnuts, what more could you want? Shaped into heart, these are a perfectly sweet way to end an informal meal or celebrate Valentine's Day.
Author: Woo Wei-Duan
Recipe type: Dessert (Dolci)
- 1 pizza dough recipe
- Butter, melted for brushing
- 100 grams hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to highest temperature it will go (usually 250C). Divide the pizza dough into 6 parts. Place one section of the dough on parchment paper. Roll the pizza into a round and use your hands to shape into a heart.
- Brush the top with melted butter and bake in a hot oven, preferably on a heated baking stone or overturned baking tray until golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- While hot, spread nutella over top of the pizza and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Serve while hot. Repeat with the remaining dough.