Minestra di zucca (pumpkin soup) - Lombardia
The most important part of this recipe is to select a pumpkin variety that is delicious. As this soup is from Lombardia, it is accordingly enriched with the bounty of the region - dairy. It is a nourishing, filling soup, perfect for a cold winter day.
Author: Woo Wei-Duan
Recipe type: First Course (Primo)
Serves: 4 to 6
- Place the pumpkin and the broth into a large saucepan.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil for 20 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the flesh.
- Use an immersion blender or add the mixture to a blender, adding together with the milk, and puree until smooth.
- Add the puree back to the pan with the pasta or rice and cook until the pasta or rice is cooked (check the timing on the packaging).
- When ready, stir in the cheese.
- Serve hot.